Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dorito Taco Salad

My bud Jan makes this all the time and I'm hooked! Thanks for sharing, Jan!


INGREDIENTS
1 lb. ground beef
1 head iceberg lettuce, torn up
1 envelope of taco seasoning
1 medium sized tomato, diced (I tend to use more than one tomato)
1 bag of Doritos
1 bottle Catalina dressing
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
  1. Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Cook with the taco seasoning, as directed on packet. (Though, you can really just mix it into the beef without the water if you wanted to.) Set aside until cool. 
  2. In a large bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and then mix in the ground beef. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Mix in the dressing and crushed up Doritos just before serving. (I just crunch the Doritos up in my hands as I'm putting them in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment