1 pkg. (18-20 oz.) regular Oreos (NOT Double Stuf)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature (use lowfat - no one will know the difference)
16 oz. chocolate chips
- In food processor, or with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer, process Oreos into fine powdery crumbs.
- In mixer, or with your hands, combine Oreo crumbs with softened cream cheese. Mix/knead thoroughly (no streaks of cream cheese should be visible!) into a soft dough.
- Roll dough into 3/4" balls, and chill for one hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Microwaving the chocolate doesn’t work well for this. Dip chilled truffles into melted chocolate. Remove with slotted spoon or two forks, and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet, and chill.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Makes approximately 4-5 dozen truffles.