Mom came across this one and it's pretty yummy! One eighth of the recipe is 6 PointsPlus for Weight Watchers.
Very dense and moist, this bread is fragrant and scrumptious. For an even lighter treat, you can cut the sugar in half or use some Splenda sugar substitute.
Weight Watchers Healthy Banana Bread recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose white flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar free spiced unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients, whisking to combine. Add the chocolate chips and nuts if using.
4. Beat the eggs with the sugar together at medium-high speed until creamy.
5. Beat in the applesauce and bananas.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and place it in the oven. Once the oven door is closed, reduce the heat so it’s between 325-350 degrees F.
8. Bake for about 35-40 minutes (the cake is done as soon as a tester comes out clean).
9. Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
10. Invert on the rack, remove the pan, cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information for 1/16 of the recipe (not including chips or nuts):
Calories from fat: 8
Total fat: 0.9g
Total carbs: 26.6g
Dietary fiber: 1.9g