I have yet to make it myself. According to Linda, you can make this the day before and just reheat it.
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup cream (or milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients together until well blended.
- Spread into a buttered casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients (except marshmallows) together and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- If topping with marshmallows, place them on the casserole and bake for an addition 5-7 minutes or until marshmallows have melted.