I cooked my chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (remember, we talked about that earlier) and when it was done, I took it out of the oven and put the cover on it till the rest of dinner was done. Perfection!
Spicy Honey-Roasted Chicken (recipe from AllRecipes.com)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse and pat dry the chicken; place in roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Using your hands, rub the honey mixture all over the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted butter.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven until the skin begins to brown, 30 min. Baste the chicken with juices in the roasting pan.
- Reduce heat to 350F, and roast until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Baste occasionally during roasting. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, cover and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
Sweet Carrots (recipe from AllRecipes.com)
- Place carrots in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer carrots to a bowl. Add the brown sugar, butter, vinegar and salt; toss until butter is melted and carrots are coated. Sprinkle with chives.