Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Banana Bread

My munchkins enjoying some banana bread :-)

My mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember, so I don't know where it originally came from. But it's amazing and I'll never bake another (plain) banana bread as long as I live!


INGREDIENTS
Dry
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
Wet
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
-OR-
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour loaf pan.
  2. Sift and mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Spread mix in the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Yields 1 loaf.

VARIATION: spoon in to grease/floured or paper-lined muffin cups and bake for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.

You can also substitute half of the flour for equal parts whole wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment