Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jam Jiggers


This is a recipe my grandmother used to make when my father and aunt were little and they still rave about it. Below is exactly how I received the recipe from my Aunt Sue.
It's a family recipe that many people on my father's side make.
  1. Make or buy pie dough.
  2. Make yellow cake batter according to directions
  3. Raspberry or strawberry jam (seedless raspberry is best)
  4. Grease muffin tins
  5. Roll out pie dough and cut circles to fit muffin tin cups with sides about 1/2-1/3 up. Bake dough for a few minutes until not quite done but not raw. Do not remove from muffin tin.
  6. Drop spoonful of jam into each muffin cup.
  7. Pour cake batter over jam, but be careful not to fill too much.
  8. Bake cake until done.
  9. Cool a few minutes before removing jam jiggers from muffin tin. 
  10. Cool before eating as jam can get quite hot inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment