This is a recipe my grandmother used to make when my father and aunt were little and they still rave about it. Below is exactly how I received the recipe from my Aunt Sue.
It's a family recipe that many people on my father's side make.
- Make or buy pie dough.
- Make yellow cake batter according to directions
- Raspberry or strawberry jam (seedless raspberry is best)
- Grease muffin tins
- Roll out pie dough and cut circles to fit muffin tin cups with sides about 1/2-1/3 up. Bake dough for a few minutes until not quite done but not raw. Do not remove from muffin tin.
- Drop spoonful of jam into each muffin cup.
- Pour cake batter over jam, but be careful not to fill too much.
- Bake cake until done.
- Cool a few minutes before removing jam jiggers from muffin tin.
- Cool before eating as jam can get quite hot inside.