Original Recipe found at Tasty Kitchen
Thanks to Shannon Duffy for sharing the recipe!
NOTE: for a healthier bread, substitute ½ c. whole wheat flour and ½ c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven. Grease, or spray with nonstick vegetable spray, a 9×5×3″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini using a medium sized grater. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended – about 2 minutes. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55-65 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely.